A team of research affiliates from CR+DS is conducting research on racial equity in technology entrepreneurship. The research will include a critical review of relevant literature from a broad scope of academic disciplines including but not limited to management, education, history, economics, finance, sociology, anthropology and psychology among others. This research product will also include statistical analysis from available data sources such as the Annual Survey of Entrepreneurs, Annual Business Survey, among others. Lastly, it will propose a robust research agenda for future work on this topic.
About the Position
The part-time student research assistant will provide research support for this project under the supervision of co-primary investigator (co-PI) Dr. Rachel Atkins. Work will be done remotely due to COVID-19. The student researcher will have an opportunity to hone their research skills in a supportive environment that will challenge them to produce high quality work subject to quickly approaching time deadlines. The student researcher will also gain exposure to a large network of prominent academic researchers across the US and internationally.
• Assist research team with planning and conducting research on racial equity in technology entrepreneurship
• Conduct literature searches and retrieve articles and reports, summarize existing research, and contribute to literature review
• Retrieve, manage, clean, and organize multiple datasets
• Create variables and perform descriptive and inferential statistical analysis
• Other research duties as assigned
• Currently enrolled as a Ph.D student in a US based institution
• Experience conducting literature reviews
• Experience managing and analyzing quantitative datasets, including cleaning and merging, creating variables, descriptive analysis, multivariate regression and other analysis models
• Experience producing descriptive and analytical statistical tables and graphs
• Proficient with Stata, SAS, R, or other statistical analysis software
• Ability to work remotely
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Possesses the following characteristics: hard-working, entrepreneurial, quick learner, flexible, and reliable
Interested applicants can submit their CV and cover letter through Interfolio at the following link:
*Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Candidates may be asked to provide a
writing sample prior to the interview.