Employment Type: 20-24 hours per week, 3-9 month Contracted Position
Compensation: Bi-weekly stipend
Location: Remotely, Florida based preferred
About Central Florida Jobs with Justice
Central Florida Jobs With Justice (CFJWJ) is a coalition of labor unions, community, faith-based, worker centers, and student organizations. We fight inequality by driving strategies that expand the theater in which workers are able to bargain for improved standards. The organization provides strategic support to nearly 30 member groups through training, worker advocacy, issue based campaign planning and mobilizing activists to increase the impact of local organizing. By bringing together labor, community, student and faith voices at a statewide and local level, we are creating innovative solutions to the problems workers face today. We win real change for workers by combining innovative organizing strategies, leadership development and policy advocacy with grassroots action and mobilization.
About the Position
The Climate Justice Research Fellow will assist in conducting a program of research for Central Florida Jobs with Justice’s Climate Justice Program. Possible Research Issues include: the effects of climate change on Working people throughout Florida, how Organized Labor can build around Climate Justice and what a Just Transition in the State of Florida looks like.
● Organizing, designing and carrying out qualitative fieldwork
● Develop and prepare Survey/Interview Questionnaires
● Maintain scheduling and follow up of interviews/surveys, safeguarding the confidentiality of subjects, as necessary
● Manage and Respond to project related emails
● Produce high quality and varied research outputs for a range of audiences including analysis, report writing and presentations where necessary
● Working closely with others as part of a team and with external stakeholders to manage relationships and deliver work
● Create a plan of action, set project goals, and manage to completion of Research Project
● Organize and maintain research databases and recordkeeping
Desired Qualifications and Skills
● Bachelor degree preferred but not required
● At least 2 years experience of Social Research
● Experience of having designed and conducted participatory research
● Keen eye for details
● Willingness to manage work and team in demanding, fast paced environments
● High degree of problem-solving skills, personal motivation, self-management, and detail orientation skills
● Have an Intersectional social justice analysis on race, class and gender
● Good communication skills – both written and oral – and the ability to communicate complex ideas simply and effectively
● Competence in computer applications including word processing, spreadsheets, and presentations.
● Familiarity with the Climate Justice landscape of Florida
● Ability to speak, write and communicate in Spanish a plus
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Please submit a resume, at least one writing example, and references via email to email@example.com and include Climate Justice Research Fellow (LAST NAME, FIRST NAME) in the subject line. Please do not send duplicate materials and incomplete applications will not be considered. No phone calls, please. Central Florida Jobs with Justice is an affirmative action employer and strongly encourages people of color, women, l/g/b/t/q individuals, those with disabilities, and those with working class backgrounds to apply.