The University Learning Center at The New School is currently accepting applications for Writing Tutors:
|Responsibilities:||– Tutor undergraduate and graduate students in a variety of writing projects and assist with general academic skills such as oral presentations and time management. Writing assistance ranges from brainstorming topics/supporting points to developing outlines to helping revise drafts in various stages of development to helping students correctly cite sources.
– Help students develop their independent writing and revision skills (and presentation and time management skills in some cases) and increase their awareness of additional university resources.
– Complete small administrative tasks, such as writing brief descriptions of each session and emailing a brief summary of daily attendance during remote tutoring period.
– Other opportunities include leading in-class workshops and/or specialized ULC workshops.
– Tutoring will be online for the time being and will transition to in-person when safe.
This position is covered by a collective bargaining agreement between SENS–UAW, Local 7902 and the University.
|Minimum Qualifications:||– Tutors must be currently enrolled in a graduate program at The New School and have at least one year of tutoring experience or teaching writing/English in a formal academic setting.
– Experience working with ESL and college-level students strongly preferred.
– Federal Work Study preferred
For more information and to apply, see the job requisition on The New School Careers site.
Hundreds of requisitions for positions for currently enrolled students are currently available in the Student section of the The New School Careers site.