Deputy Polling Director, Florida Watch
Reports to Director of Research and Polling for the Florida Research & Communications Hub and the Florida Watch executive director. The deputy director of research and polling assists the Director in managing Florida Watch’s online panel and any polling or research consultants.
We are a progressive communications and research hub with a digital first lens. The Florida Research & Communications Hub is a partnership between Florida Watch and Progress Florida. We are driven by quantitative and qualitative research that is used to create engaging, authentic and Florida-specific communications content. We want to meet people where they are in real life – which is on their phones and computers.
● Two cycles of political experience
● Prior experience analyzing data
● Familiarity with digital defense tactics including social listening.
● Strong verbal and written communications skills. The ability to explain and present research results and statistical analysis to lay people including coalition partners, policy-makers, and funders.
● Ability to think on your feet and adapt to the ever changing political landscape in Florida.
● Spanish language proficiency is a big plus.
● Working with the Director of Research and Polling as well as partner organizations to get needed public opinion research in the field either
through Florida Watch or partner organizations.
● Draft research instruments, manage the editing and feedback process
with Florida Watch staff and partners.
● Managing and coordinating with partners the digital defense program.
● Managing a research calendar to minimize duplicative research.
● Assist the Director in managing the opposition research process to make sure Florida Watch has the necessary source materials to write research instruments that are supported by facts.
Compensation and Benefits
The salary band for this role is $50,000-$60,000 annually and will be commensurate with experience. We also offer a 401k with up to a 5% match, health insurance, flexible work environment and paid time off. This is a permanent position with retention based on performance in the 2020 cycle.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Reference “Deputy Director of Research and Polling” and your name in the subject line. Florida Watch is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age