The 2020-2021 TA application has been posted. You can access the application at the direct link shared here, or through the careers.newschool.edu site. (If you haven’t applied for a job at The New School previously you will need to create an account on the Careers site to apply for this posting.)
Note: Because the application was delayed in its release, we have extended the deadline for submission to Tuesday, March 10, 11:59 p.m.
As you are completing the application you should carefully consult the 2020-2021 TA Opportunities Document, as well as the Graduate Student Teaching Program website. You are also strongly encouraged to attend one of the TA Information Sessions, particularly if you have never applied for one of these positions before.
In order to account for the extended submission deadline, I am sharing below an updated timeline for the 2020-2021 TA application and appointment process. This timeline will be updated on the Graduate Student Teaching Program website shortly.
2020-2021 TA Application and Appointment Timeline
- March 10, 2020, 11:59 p.m.: TA Application is due. (NSSR students who wish to apply for NSSR RA positions should also complete this application to apply for NSSR RA position.)
- Late March-Early April, 2020: The Provost’s Office will inform all applicants of their eligibility status and forward the applications of tentatively eligible and eligible applicants to departments for review.
- April 2020: Departments will review applications.
- April-May 2020: Departments will send the first round of offer letters to selected candidates.
- Summer 2020: Departments will send additional offer letters on a rolling basis as needed.