This position exercises considerable independent judgement and initiative in performing complex long-range planning and supervisory tasks. Qualified candidates will manage the development, maintenance, and implementation of the comprehensive plan and long-range planning program. Responsibilities include reviewing, delegation, and coordination of all policy planning efforts; supervising assigned staff; and developing and implements strategies needed for the sustainability and advancement of Teton County and Town of Jackson’s long-range planning efforts. Considerable knowledge in principles and practices of planning policies and comprehensive planning required.
This position represents the county on long-range planning matters, working closely with elected officials, internal and external stakeholders, governmental agencies and the general public for the optimization of the County’s Comprehensive Plan.
education and experience
- Bachelor’s in Planning, Public Administration or related field, AND
- Five years of experience with community development and planning programs.
- Masters’ degree is highly desirable.
- Certification by the AICP is preferred.
how to apply
Application Deadline: February 28, 2020
- 100% Employer Paid Medical, Dental, and vision insurance Premiums.
- Defined Wyoming Pension Benefit Plan
- Long-term Disability 50% paid by County
- Basic Life Insurance paid by County
- Matched Contributions for 457b Deferred Compensation Plan
- Paid Vacation and Sick Leave
- Ten Paid Holidays
- Flexible Spending Plan for Dependent Child Care
- Two Personal Days per Calendar Year
- Paid Family Leave
If you have questions regarding this position, please contact:
Human Resources Department
200 S. Willow Street
Post Office Box 3594
Jackson, WY 83001