The International Center for Journalists (ICFJ) seeks a paid intern for our new initiatives department. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
The internship is a great opportunity to build foundational experience in how a media development non-profit organization develops new programs, including research, proposal development, project budgets and database management, as well as other administrative tasks.
- Assist ICFJ staff in researching potential funders and project ideas
- Maintain databases with contact information and project results
- Help develop project budgets
- Assist with writing and preparation of proposal materials
- Provide administrative support as needed
- Intern must be enrolled in a degree-granting program during the internship or a recent graduate
- Strong writing, communication and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of Excel
- Ability to take initiative and be a self-starter
- Strong attention to detail and highly developed organizational skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks
- Applicant must be U.S.-based
The internship would be 20 hours a week with a minimum three-month commitment.
How to apply:
Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis. Applicants should submit a resume and cover letter here. Only complete applications will be considered.