Paid Internship, Americas Quarterly (Spring 2019)
Internship Period: January 28 – April 30
Deadline to apply: January 21
The paid spring internship at Americas Quarterly is an opportunity to cover politics, economics and culture in Latin America while engaging in all aspects of producing a modern-day magazine.
As an intern, you will: research, write, and edit for the print magazine and AQ’s website; develop social media and multimedia content; work with AS/COA’s policy research and support team; and assist with administrative tasks as needed.
We are looking for journalists who are quick learners with a deep knowledge of Latin America. Ideal candidates are:
– Graduate students or recent graduates in journalism, economics, international studies, or related fields; or bachelor’s in the same with 1–3 years of relevant experience
– Knowledge of audio recording and editing for podcast
– Proficient in English and Spanish
– Knowledgeable and interested in Latin American history, politics, culture, and economics
– Excellent writing, editing and research skills
– Professional familiarity with social media tools (e.g., Facebook, Twitter, YouTube)
Time Requirement: The internship will be up to 28 hours a week, for three months. This can be extended on a case-by-case basis.
Application Submission: The Americas Society/Council of the Americas is an equal opportunity employer. Please email cover letter, resume, and a one-page writing sample on a recent event in Latin America to Cecilia Tornaghi at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please. Please note availability in your cover letter, and include “Americas Quarterly Editorial Internship” in the subject line of your email.