Save the Children International
United Nations Advocacy Office
Position Title: Advocacy Fellow
Location: 777 United Nations Plaza #3A, New York, NY 10017, USA
Save the Children International: We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realize the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
Save the Children’s New York Advocacy Office (NYAO) advocates at the United Nations to protect and promote children’s rights. We engage with UN Member States, UN Security Council Members, UN Secretariat, UN Agencies, and other key stakeholders on humanitarian and development issues. We work on Save the Children’s priority areas of child survival, education, protection of children in conflict situations, the 2030 Development Agenda, humanitarian crises, and more.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conducts research assignments, developing and drafting of reports, and advocacy materials;
- Represent Save the Children by attending meetings at the UN, with Member States, UN Entities, NGO partners and other stakeholders to help identify advocacy efforts within the Movement;
- Works with the Global Communications team to implement campaign strategies on online platforms, manages the social media of the office, and informs the Movement of the NYAO’s advocacy efforts on Workplace and to write blog posts for the Every Last Child/Girls campaign weekly updates;
- Assist in the UNGA coordination for the office, through event planning and support Save the Children’s delegation;
- Provides general office support as required, such as taking minutes in team meetings, keep Advocacy Office calendar up to date, register colleagues on UN data bases for events, and records of UN Grounds Pass for visiting colleagues.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in International Relations, Politics, Economics, or another relevant field;
- Excellent communication skills, both written and orally;
- Knowledge and experience at the United Nations a plus;
- Strong interest in global advocacy and Child Rights;
- Experience with the organization, planning, and implementation of events;
- Experience in running professional social media accounts.
Terms and Conditions:
Position to run for six months on a full-time basis. This is an unpaid internship. However, a monthly metro card will be provided and $40 per week for lunch.
Application deadline is Friday, 31 January 2020.
Please send applications, with cover letter and an updated resume to Amina Ally, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Original posting here.