International Field Program / United Nations Summer Study
Program Coordinator Job Description
The International Field Program is hiring a Program Coordinator to begin as soon as the position is filled and extend through the 2020 – 2021 year and possibly beyond (if still a student).
- Currently enrolled in a graduate program at The New School
- Excellent project management skills, including the ability to meet deadlines, communicate effectively, and work collaboratively and independently
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, be resourceful, and work on multiple tasks simultaneously and at a fast pace
- Excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Experience with database organization and management
- Prior working experience required
- Experience with Microsoft Office suite and G suite (google drive, slides, sheets, and docs)
- Knowledge of MailChimp, WordPress, Photoshop, Illustrator, and Facebook Ads Manager preferred
- Experience working in an academic environment is preferred
Program Coordinator Responsibilities
1. Supporting daily activities and communications related to the IFP/UNSS:
- Administrative support for faculty and students engaged in IFP/UNSS
- Managing IFP/UNSS emails and general inquiries
- Creating and maintaining multiple databases to process and track applications, program acceptance, and participant requirements
- Creating and distributing documents, flyers, brochures, and promotional materials related to the IFP/UNSS
- Managing room, facilities, catering, and other university system requests
- Scheduling and managing IFP/UNSS student appointments and events
- Photocopying, Scanning, Letterheads, FedEx
- Managing, updating, and writing content for the IFP and UNSS websites
- Taking a lead role in developing the online presence for IFP/UNSS
- Assisting with IFP/UNSS media production/distribution and promotional campaigns
- Creating and managing social media advertising campaigns to attract more applicants.
2. Planning, organizing, and providing support at IFP/UNSS events
- Acting as representative of IFP/UNSS at information sessions, meetings, and events
3. Other tasks as needed
Reporting: The Program Coordinator will report to Fabiola Berdiel, Director of the International Field Program and UNSS and will work closely with Peter Hoffman, UNSS faculty chair.
Compensation: The position will be compensated at a rate of $17/hour at 20 hours/week, with possibility of a raise after one semester.
To Apply: Please send a statement of interest and CV/resume highlighting specific skills related to the position to BerdielF@newschool.edu. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.