Location: New York, New York
Duration: 6 months, 2-day requirement *Paid* (Starting in September)
Internship Description: Freedom United’s mission is to mobilize a united community against modern slavery. Working together in partnership with others and building coalitions, it channels the collective influence of millions to demand an end to exploitation. Freedom United is the world’s largest anti- slavery community and uses its influence to call on businesses, governments and society to change conditions which allow slavery to thrive. In partnership with Freedom United, the United Nations Association of New York (UNA-NY), seeks two interns to support a project to improve protections against forced labour around the world. The campaign focuses on increasing the number of countries ratifying the International Labour Organization 2014 Forced Labour Protocol.
- Perform research to determine status and opportunities for target countries and P29 ratifications
- Schedule meetings with relevant stakeholders, assist in planning and managing events with public and/or relevant stakeholders
- Assist in developing content and assets for project and event promotion (including drafting emails and social posts)
- Create reports and analyze results of efforts to monitor project progress
- Report directly to the Freedom United Advocacy Officer
- Post BA or Graduate student studying global policy, labor rights, human rights, gender, and international law.
- Strong attention to detail, Self-starter and ability to prioritize
- Professional verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in an NGO, UN agency, or similar organization
Please submit your application by sending a cover letter( no more than 350 words) and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org