Graduate Student Assistant – Federal Work Study
Below you will find the details for the position including any supplementary documentation and questions you should review before applying for the opening. To apply for the position, please click the Apply for this Job link/button.
The New School is committed to creating and maintaining an environment that promises diversity and tolerance in all areas of employment, education and access to its educational, artistic or cultural programs and activities. The New School does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, creed, sex or gender (including gender identity and expression), pregnancy, sexual orientation, religion, religious practices, mental or physical disability, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, veteran status, marital or partnership status, or any other legally protected status.
|Position Title:||Graduate Student Assistant – Federal Work Study|
|Location||New York City|
|Responsibilities:||– Create a welcoming and informative visitor experience for guests of The New School
– Provide friendly, helpful and accurate information to prospective students about the university and degree programs in person and via email
-Collect complex data from multiple sources while performing database management functions in the various systems used in the admission office
– Fielding calls to admissions departments
-Administrative support – answer phones; greet guests, filing, emails, faxing, copying, mailings, data entry, stock inventory shelves, scheduling
-Deliver and pick up packages at various locations within the university
– Assist with mass mailing, recruitment packaging, fulfillment and loading
– Assist with event preparations, set up, break down
-Additional project based tasks as needed
|Minimum Qualifications:||– Customer service and visitor experience a must
– Interest in higher education and office experience a plus
– Friendly and kind demeanor, attention to detail
– Excellent verbal and written communication skills
– Strong understanding of The New School’s graduate programs
– Familiarity with campus (I.e. offices, computer centers, location of departments, etc).
– Able to manage in a diverse population
– An ability to perform multiple tasks
– Must be able to work a minimum of 15 hours
|Open Until Filled||Yes|
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Are you an incoming or current graduate student at The New School?
- * Do you currently have a federal work study award? If yes, please select the amount.
- Less than $1000
- $1000 to $3000
- Greater than $3000
- * Please describe your experience in the area of customer service.(Open Ended Question)
- * Have you supervised student workers before?
- * How much administrative experience do you have?
- Less than 1 year
- 1-2 years
- 3-4 years
- 5-6 years
- 7+ years
- No experience
- * Describe your experience in a higher education setting.(Open Ended Question)
Optional & Required Applicant Documents:
- Cover Letter
- Federal Work Study award letter