The Center for New York City Affairs (CNYCA) at The New School/Milano is an applied policy research organization. The Center works where people’s lives intersect with government and community organizations to illuminate the impact of public policy on the lives of individuals and communities. Our research focuses on what works, practical solutions, rigorous analysis, and provides a real-time feedback for policymakers, providers, and communities. We have built a strong track record of creating change in the areas of education, child welfare, poverty, and juvenile justice.
The Center has an established audience for our work that includes nonprofit leaders, public officials, scholars, advocates, and community groups. More than 12,000 individuals receive our reports and more than twice that number visit our website each year. Our work is widely read and covered by the media, and our policy events are attended and seen online by thousands of viewers. Recent press coverage includes The New York Times, Daily News, WNYC, ProPublica, The Marshall Project, Fox-TV, Al-Jazeera America, and other media.
The Center for New York City Affairs at The New School seeks a highly motivated graduate student to serve as part-time Student Assistant. The position is for 20 hours per week, and includes helping to manage the Center’s website, communications and social media outreach. The ideal candidate will be able to work in a fast paced environment have experience managing online content and campaigns as well as expertise in graphic design to support production of web graphics, print publications and promotional materials.
• Create the Center’s marketing materials such as posters, Eventbrite and Facebook banners, and Instagram images
• Design the Center’s reports and create separate versions for PDF, print, and web viewing
• Perform under tight deadlines with quick turnaround times if needed
Social Media/Website Responsibilities:
• Update Center’s website, including event listings, weekly Urban Matters blog post, and report releases
• Produce 1-3 weekly e-blasts on Mailchimp
• Design social media-friendly images
• Ability to manage several projects simultaneously and follow-through on projects
• Ability to design multiple projects in a short timeframe
• Attention to detail and excellent organizational skills
• Interest and experience in Data Visualization / Designing (Graphs, charts, tables)
• Expertise in Adobe Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, Indesign)
• Experience and proficiency in Squarespace and Mailchimp
• Basic knowledge of web design practices
• Experience managing professional social media accounts
• Interest in public policy
To apply, click here.