Legal Orientation Program for Custodians (LOPC) Intern
Catholic Charities Community Services of NY is seeking a part-time intern to support its Legal Orientation Program for Custodians (LOPC). The LOPC intern will report and work closely with the Program Manager.
About the Legal Orientation Program for Custodians (LOPC)
The LOPC program is an orientation program for custodians of unaccompanied children who are, or once where, in the custody of the Office of Refugee Resettlement (ORR). The services of the LOPC are limited to legal orientation as the program is not permitted to engage in legal representation. One of the services provided by the LOPC are group orientations, which are designed to give custodians a general overview of immigration law, the immigration court removal process, and the consequences of custodians not carrying out their responsibilities.
- Provide presentations to custodians of unaccompanied minors.
- Assist with in-house and outreach training, presentations and workshops.
- Assist with conducting outreach to custodians.
- Assist with administrative tasks as assigned by the Program Manager.
The internship commitment is 15+ hours per week. Undergraduate and graduate students are encouraged to apply.
- Bilingual, English-Spanish required.
- Excellent group and individual communication skills, interpersonal skills, and an ability to work independently.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Strong computer skills required.
- Previous experience in immigration law and procedures preferred, but not necessary.
- Good interpersonal skills and an ability to work with clients from different cultures and backgrounds.
- Ability to travel to our Bronx and Manhattan office.
If you are interested in this internship please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis.