The External Relations team is looking for an Events Intern who will play an integral part in assisting and administering some of IPI’s key events in the Fall, which include roundtable talks, policy forums, and a variety of unique and high-level events during the 74th session of the UN General Assembly (UNGA 74). This is an exciting opportunity for an individual who is interested in learning more about event planning and coordination within a not-for-profit setting.
The Events Intern will interact with program staff members, to assist in the organization of all IPI events and meetings. S/He will also gain knowledge and skills from on-the-job experience, with the External Relations team providing guidance and feedback to facilitate the learning process.
The ideal candidate will be a highly organized, energetic, multitasker with excellent judgment, discretion, initiative, and the ability to prioritize.
This is a full-time paid internship position in the External Relations department to support event organization and planning. The intern is under the overall supervision of the Event Logistic and Technical Coordinator.
This internship will be for a three month period preferably from early September until early December.
- Assist with the coordination and execution of all logistical aspects of IPI events, including the invitation process, check-in of participants, greeting of guests, handling of microphones, displaying of publications, and other matters as they arise;
- Contact invitees prior to an event and other outreach duties related to the planning of an event;
- Compile participant list and biographies for upcoming events;
- Assist with room setup prior to events;
- Participate in the clean-up process following the conclusion of events, including putting away the microphones, removing left-over food, papers, pens, notepads and assisting with re- arranging the conference room;
- Update the event records in Salesforce database with all of the planning information related to an event and record all of the follow up information, including event attendance;
- Manage post-event follow-up, including sending follow-up documents to participants;
- Take inventory of events-related materials as needed; and
- Other duties as assigned by the Event Logistic and Technical Coordinator.
- BA preferred, but not required, in the field of Business Management/Hospitality or other related field;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Strong organizational skills and an extraordinary attention to detail;
- Excellent ability to multitask;
- Educational knowledge of multilateral institutions/international affairs a plus; and
- Knowledge of Salesforce a plus.
Please send the following in an email to firstname.lastname@example.org (with “Events Intern” as the e-mail subject)
- Cover letter with current résumé /CV; and
- Contact information for three professional
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. The internship will be filled as soon as a successful candidate is identified.
Please send only Word, Word Perfect or Adobe Acrobat files. Do not compress or zip files. No telephone inquiries.
The Events internship is a full time position, paid according to an hourly wage. Interns also receive a subsidized MetroCard.
Applicants must be eligible for employment in the United States. Please note that IPI cannot sponsor work visas for internships.
IPI is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and strongly committed to hiring and retaining a diverse and internationally representative staff.