Advocacy Intern, Save the Children:
We are currently recruiting for an Advocacy Intern to join our New York Advocacy Office (NYAO) on a 6-month contract and support our advocacy efforts with the United Nations to protect and promote children’s rights.
In this role you will:
- Conduct research assignments, develop and draft reports, and advocacy materials
- Represent Save the Children by attending meetings at the UN, with Member States, UN Entities, NGO partners and other stakeholders to help identify advocacy efforts within the Movement
- Work with the Global Communications team to implement campaign strategies on online platforms, manage the offices social media and inform the movement of the NYAO’s advocacy efforts on Workplace and write blog posts for the Every Last Child campaign weekly updates
- Assist in the UN General Assembly coordination for the office, through event planning and supporting Save the Children’s delegation
- Provide general office support as required, such as taking minutes in team meetings, keep Advocacy Office calendar up to date, register colleagues on UN data bases for events, and records of UN Grounds Pass for visiting colleagues.
In order to be successful you will bring/have:
- A bachelor’s degree in International Relations, Politics, Economics, or another relevant field
- Excellent communication skills, both written and orally
- A strong interest in global advocacy and Child Rights
- Experience with the organization, planning, and implementation of events
- Experience in running professional social media accounts
- The existing right to work in the US
- Knowledge and experience at the United Nations is a plus
This is an unpaid, full-time internship. A monthly metro card will be provided and $40 per week for lunch.
Save the Children is a federated Membership based organisation. As a movement, we employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in 117 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the rights of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/careers
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.