United Nations Foundation Overview
The United Nations Foundation links the UN’s work with others around the world, mobilizing the energy and expertise of business and non-governmental organizations to help the UN tackle issues including climate change, global health, peace and security, women’s empowerment, poverty eradication, energy access, and U.S.-UN relations.
The Global Partnership for Sustainable Development Data is a global network bringing together governments, the private sector, and civil society organizations dedicated to using the data revolution to achieve the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). The Global Partnership drives action at the local, national, and global level to ensure the new opportunities of the data revolution are used to monitor and achieve the Sustainable Development Goals. For more information, visit www.data4sdgs.org.
The intern will be based in New York and will be a part of the Global Partnership’s Communications and Engagement team. They will report to the Global Partnership’s Communications Officer, and work closely with other colleagues including the Community Engagement Manager and Director of Communications.
- Full-time (30-40 hours/week) or minimum 3 days per week during regular office hours.
- Assist with drafting stories of impact, content scripts for video production, and other materials for blog posts and digital storytelling or data visualization across various audience groups and platforms.
- Support social media production by drafting content and assisting to conceptualize and implement outreach campaigns for various GPSDD initiatives and events.
- Support with ongoing website updates by adding and editing content and quality assurance.
- Support GPSDD outreach projects, partner convenings, and special events through meeting preparation (e.g., taking minutes/notes), report tracking, writing, and event production.
- Assist in planning, logistics, event registration and all aspects of digital coverage for various critical moments on the GPSDD calendar such as the UN High-Level Political Forum.
- Assist with the production of regular external communications including monthly newsletters.
- Assist with collecting and monitoring digital media analytics and media mentions.
- Support with ongoing partners’ database updates and management.
- Support the overall work of the communications and engagement team.
- Attend related events to develop your understanding of how and why data can be used to improve people’s wellbeing.
- Candidate must be enrolled in a degree-granting program during the internship of must be a recent graduate (within 8 months of graduation) of a college or university.
- Experience with communications, social networking and blogging; confidence using social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn, Hootsuite, Medium, etc.
- Knowledge of and strong interest in international development, the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development, the Sustainable Development Goals, and the data revolution for sustainable development highly desired.
- Strong written communication skills including demonstrated use of proper grammar and clear style.
- Excellent interpersonal and oral skills.
- Ability to take initiative and be a self-starter.
- Background in marketing/communications or public relations preferred.
- Experience in Word, Excel, Outlook and Google docs essential. Google Analytics, Mailchimp, and Eventbrite desirable.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Knowledge of data science, data analysis, and/or data visualization will be an advantage.
To apply go here.