Locally Haiti seeks a self-motivated, organized, and creative Media Intern to support their Outreach and Communications Director with social media engagement, content management, website design and maintenance, and promotional materials production.
Locally Haiti invests in locally-led initiatives in education, agriculture, community health, girls’ empowerment, and jobs creation. They provide thoughtful and targeted investment that allows families in Petit Trou de Nippes, our partner community of thirty years, to thrive.
To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com with “Media Internship” in the subject line. Applications will be considered until the ideal candidate is found.
Key Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- Co-produce engaging posts and stories on social media (Instagram and Facebook)
- Propose and pilot new templates and ideas for Instagram stories
- Assist with organizing new content management software
- Monitor and analyze data from online platforms (Squarespace, Facebook, Instagram, Google Analytics)
- Develop social media calendar
- Co-design promotional materials for events and other activities using Canva or Adobe Creative Cloud
- Draft content for “Day in the Life” blog
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, with enthusiasm for storytelling
- Self-driven, with ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- Detail-oriented with meticulous organization skills
- Solid understanding of basic branding principles
- Basic knowledge of the following platforms (or willingness to learn): Facebook and Instagram for business, Canva, Squarespace, Google Analytics,
Image Relay or other content management software, WhatsApp
- Strong interest in locally-led community development in Haiti
Other Internship Details
This internship is ideal for a current university student or emerging professional looking to gain experience at the intersection of media/communications and grassroots international
development. Academic credit for the position is possible. Start and end dates of the internship are flexible. Physical offices are currently in New York City and Longmont, Colorado. The ideal candidate for this position will be based in New York City; outstanding candidates based elsewhere will be considered. Our U.S.-based team is quite small and largely work
remotely; this internship will include both remote work and in-person working days with the Outreach and Communications Director. The intern will be invited to join staff on an optional trip to Haiti in 2019.