The Whole Communities Fellowship will convene and support a cohort of 24 community leaders and activists whose work lives at the intersections of Justice and Environment – Land and People. The Fellowship is a 12-month commitment (March 2019 – February 2020) that consists of: two in-person retreats, individual coaching, independent study and monthly virtual practice spaces.
Center for Whole Communities are looking for participants who:
- Are seeking to transform the world by dismantling the systems that perpetuate injustice.
- Yearn to connect with land and cultivate practice-based approaches to transformative change work.
- Believe that our shared work for justice and the environment requires inner change as well as outward change.
- Welcome being part of a diverse, multi-sector, multiracial cohort
- See themselves as active learners and seek to be in a learning community
- See themselves as change agents working with large and small organizations, and/or working directly with communities.
- Can commit to devoting the necessary time to be fully engaged in the fellowship
The Fellowship Experience will include:
- Two 3-5 day in-person retreats with an incredible group of leaders that will build and strengthen relationships, and develop your leadership capacity using CWC’s Transformative Practices of Awareness, Story, Working with Difference and Dialogue
- Personalized coaching with the CWC Team of Facilitators and Coaches
- Collaborating and learning in a community of practice with your cohort both in-person and virtually
- Introduction to, and practice with the Whole Measures engagement framework for participatory planning and measurement
- Access to CWC’s vibrant networks of alumnae/i and partners across the country
For more information on the fellowship and how to apply, click here.