UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every girl and boy, a future
Addressing gender inequality is integral to UNICEF’s work. To achieve the results for women and children UNICEF sets forth in its mandate â€‹and to realize the rights of every child, especially the disadvantaged, it is essential to address one of the most fundamental inequalities that exist in all societies – gender inequality. For more details, please visit our website: Here
How can you make a difference?
You will be supporting the Gender section, Programme division by providing a range of administrative and operational support following standard procedures in day-to-day work, ensuring time and effective delivery that is consistent with UNICEF rules and regulations, in addition to below:
Meetings & Events
- Support calendar management and coordination for the senior team to ensure key section meetings occur on regular and as needed basis
- Support the senior team in planning, organizing and smooth execution of meetings and events, including definition of administrative roles and responsibilities and deployment of additional support if needed.
- Support capacity development activities and conferences by making the logistical arrangements, through engaging with facilitators, caterers and hosts.
- Liaise with budget focal points and section over costs and needs
- Prepare background material for participants and uploads cleared material in the intranet
- Maintain agendas on meeting and events related to the work group commitments
- Provide travel assistance to staff in section for travel arrangements and entitlements based on organization rules and policies.
- Brief/de-brief staff on issues relating to related administrative matters such as Visas, security clearance, documentation procedures.
- Assist in preparation of budget on travel costs and maintain travel budgetary control records
Contracting of Consultants and Service providers
- Support the recruitment processes for the section
- Assist in preparation of documentation to issue contracts for consultants, interns, volunteers and new staff.
- Facilitate the onboarding of consultants and new staff members, including preparing the paper work for issuance of UN ID card to access UNICEF offices, requesting office space, computers and telephones
- Responsible for collecting invoices and filing documents for approval and thereafter processing in VISION.
- Upload electronic files and verify results to destination system
- Maintain and update office records and references
- Select required information, set up spread sheets, database files, graphs, charts and tables ensuring appropriateness of the presentation, format and accuracy of data for use by other in preparing reports
- Receive visitors and answer telephone and direct callers to appropriate staff.
Supplies / Equipment
- Support management of administrative supplies, office equipment and updating inventory of items
- Monitor and supervisor adequate and appropriate and use of supplies.
- Arrange for the purchase and timely distribution of office supplies
Attendance and Calendars
- Maintain and update a system which monitors the absence and travel of staff
- Support the maintenance and update of section calendars on meetings, events and travel.
To qualify as a champion for every girl and boy you will have…
- Completion of secondary education, preferable supplemented by technical or university courses related to work is required.
- A minimum of four (4) years of relevant experience in providing progressively responsible administrative / clerical support services is required.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and deliver quality results under tight deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative in effectively supporting team members
- Working knowledge of UNICEF systems, policies and procedures is considered an asset.
- Strong writing, interpersonal and communications skills are desired.
- Passing the GGST Exam (Global General Service Test) or UN ASAT in English is required.
- Non-US candidates must be in possession of a US G4 visa or be a US permanent resident/citizen.
- Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish) is an asset.
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF’s core values of Commitment, Diversity and Integrity and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
View our competency framework at
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.