Impact Network is a New York-based NGO that delivers innovative e-learning programs in rural Africa. We
introduce technology into remote, “off the grid” communities that lack trained teachers, enabling thousands of
students to benefit from a high-quality education every year.
We are looking for a results-oriented, professional, and energetic intern to work closely with our team in New York.
The internship will focus on assisting with partnership development, fundraising, social media, and program
coordination. At our small non-profit organization, the intern will have the opportunity to make a significant impact
to improve the quality of education for the more than 4,000 students served by our schools.
• Developing social media content and implementing communications strategies
• Producing high-quality research and writing for online and offline marketing materials
• Research and outreach to potential corporate sponsors
• Develop press list, help draft press materials, and pitch letters
• Other administrative and operational duties as needed to achieve the Impact Network mission
Core values & qualifications:
The ideal candidate is a dynamic and driven individual excited by the opportunity to contribute to the operations
and impact of the organization. This ambitious individual will be resourceful, professional, and competent
delivering work in individual and group settings. He/she will be highly motivated to making a difference and
building a career in the non-profit sector.
The ideal candidate has:
• A track record of strong academic performance
• Demonstrable interest in international development and/or non-profit work, including relevant internship
or volunteer experience
• Excellent research, writing, and editing skills
• Competence producing work in MS Office programs, conducting internet research, and using digital
• Professionalism, attention to detail, and excellent organizational skills
• A knack for storytelling and creative marketing, and an interest in public relations and content creation
• Comfort working as part of a team and independently, with a track record of contributing to projects on
• A positive attitude towards solving problems, stressful situations, and learning new skills
• Minimum commitment of 4 months and 15 hours/week, starting early February 2018
This internship offers a weekly stipend. As a small team, we offer flexibility and the opportunity to work on a
variety of projects. We have worked with interns ranging from current college students to mid-career professionals
looking to gain insights into the non-profit world.
• Please submit a resume and cover letter stating motivation and relevant experience via email to
firstname.lastname@example.org with “New York Intern” in the subject line
• Submit all materials as a single .doc or .pdf file attachment
• Deadline: February 28, 2018. Please note, applications will be evaluated on a rolling basis and early
submissions are encouraged.