AQ is the premier publication on politics, business, and culture in Latin America. AQ is an independent publication of Americas Society/Council of the Americas, New York. Americas Quarterly is looking for an enterprising journalist interested in covering politics, economics, and culture in Latin America while engaging in all aspects of producing a modern-day magazine. As an assistant editor you will: research, write, and edit for the print magazine and AQ’s website; work with contributors to ensure deadlines are met; develop social media and multimedia content; assist in implementing social media strategy; assist with some aspects of print production and subscription management.
We are looking for journalists who are quick learners with a deep knowledge of Latin America. Ideal candidates are:
• Journalists with a graduate degree in journalism, economics, international studies, or related fields; or bachelor’s in the same with 2 years or more of relevant experience
• Proficient in English and Spanish and/or Portuguese
• Knowledgeable and interested in Latin American history, politics, culture, and economics
• Familiarity with multimedia editing tools (proficiency with FinalCut and Adobe Creative Suite a plus)
• Excellent writing, editing, and research skills
• Proficiency with social media tools (e.g., Facebook, Twitter, YouTube)
• Experience with Drupal a plus
This is a full-time position.
The Americas Society/Council of the Americas is an equal opportunity employer. Please email cover letter, resume, and a one-page writing sample on a recent event in Latin America to Benjamin Russell (apply below). No phone calls please. Please note availability in your cover letter, and include “Assistant Editor” in the subject line of your email.
To apply please send an email to: email@example.com